HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol A Nickolai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:35:44 -0500
In his (brief) defense, he was trying to educate the kind of local
researchers that local history collections in libraries and small museums
rely on. He was very interested in preservation, as were others on the
faculty -- he just didn't want to get dirty in the process.

And I quite agree that archaeologists need to be able to do documentary
and archival research, among other skill.

Carol
--
Carol A. Nickolai

Anthropology                            Geography
University of Pennsylvania              Community College of Philadelphia
email: [log in to unmask]           voicemail: 215-751-8989, 0077#