HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Timothy Scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:26:17 -0400
Michigan Tech just announced its intent to hire ten faculty positions
united in the theme of sustainability.  While many of these positions
are intended to add faculty in entering, particularly three of the
endowed chairs, the Department of Social Sciences will promote
excellent candidates with demonstrated multi-disciplinary research
exploring the theme of sustainability.  We hope to support candidates
that could articulate with our graduate programs: Ph.D. program in
Industrial Heritage and Archaeology, MS in Environmental Policy, and
MS in Industrial History and Archaeology.

http://www.mtu.edu/sfhi/
Please contact me off list for information.
Best,
Tim Scarlett

-----------------------

Michigan Technological University Sustainability Faculty Hiring
Initiative

Michigan Technological University announces a Sustainability faculty
hiring initiative that will
add ten tenure-track positions, open in rank, during the next year.
These include three endowed
chairs:
– the Robbins Chair in Sustainable Management of the Environment;
– the Robbins Chair in Sustainable Manufacturing and Design; and
– the Robbins Chair in Sustainable Use of Materials.
Faculty selected for the Robbins chairs will be leaders in their
fields and have strong research
experience, both within their home and other institutions. Successful
candidates for the
remaining positions will have outstanding records in their field for
respective stages in their
careers. They will be expected to develop active research programs
and to collaborate in multi-
disciplinary research, education, and outreach efforts.

Sustainability underpins scholarship on a university-wide scale at
Michigan Technological
University.  Faculty from areas such as engineering, forestry,
humanities, business, and the
natural and social sciences are actively involved in multi-
disciplinary research and education.
We develop processes, policies, technologies, and materials that
promote sustainable use of
natural resources, sustainable energy sources and consumption,
sustainable enterprises and
communities, and access to clean air and water in both the developed
and developing worlds.

We seek applications and nominations for these ten positions. We
intend to develop a diverse
applicant pool from a wide range of disciplines related to this
strategic initiative. Applications
received by November 15, 2007 will receive first consideration, but
applications will be
considered until all positions are filled. Attractive salary, benefit
and start-up packages will be
provided for successful applicants.

Michigan Technological University is an internationally renowned
doctoral research university.
The university’s mission is to create the future by developing
sustainable solutions to global
challenges.  Michigan Technological University is located in
Michigan's scenic Upper Peninsula,
on the south shore of Lake Superior. Houghton provides a unique
setting where natural beauty,
culture, education, and the diversity of residents from around the
world come together to provide
a superb living experience.

Further details about the Michigan Technological University
Sustainability faculty hiring
initiative are available at www.mtu.edu/sfhi.  More information on
Michigan Technological
University is available at www.mtu.edu.

Michigan Technological University is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action
employer/educational institution. Applications from women and
minorities are encouraged.

-----------------------------------
http://www.mtu.edu/sfhi/
http://www.mtcws.mtu.edu/pdf/SFHI%2009-19-07.pdf