HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:13:11 -0500
Ron,

Yes, I think your point is well taken. This does have the appearance of some
olive bottles from the same period. Incidentally, although Gulden became
famous for mustard, the company was a major importer & re-packager of olives
for the grocery wholesale trade. For an interesting historical account
written by one of Gulden's early commission agents in the olive trade, see:

http://www.thevanillabeancafe.com/pdf/aejessurun%20news%20letter.pdf

Bob Skiles