HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"John P. McCarthy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 06:25:03 CDT
Unfortuantely, the SHPO staff archaeologists ARE the ones
making these sorts of value judgements on an everyday basis.
For better or worse, most are trained in "processurally"
oriented prehistory, rather than in historical archaeology and
what we might term the more recent trends in "post-processural"
(a terms I've never really liked) or "post-positivist" theory.

Like so many things, its up to us "right-minded" practitioners
to try to change the status quo and move the discipline
forward!<BG!>

John P. McCarthy
Institute for Minnesota Archaeology/
IMA Consulting, Inc.