HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:11:50 BST
Does anyone have a quick source/date for soft paste porcelain
with applied blue floral sprigs (typically thistles and forget-me-
nots)?  It seems that something similar was being made at Derby,
in imitation of Angouleme porcelain, but I don't know how similar
as I've been unable to track down an illustration (although
admittedly I haven't tried too hard yet).

Any info welcome, but unfortunately I don't think I can promise
you'll make $$$cash$$$ in return ;-)

Alasdair Brooks
University of York