HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Homer Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 11:01:31 MST
I'm interested in assembling a bibliography of books written about historical
archaeology for the general/public audience.  The following are titles that I ha
ve at hand.  Could people send me additional titles that are book length and wri
tten
in non-technical language or with technical language explained. Any particular
favorites? I'd be glad to post a complete bibliography later. Thanks, Homer

Beaudet, Pierre (editor)
  1990  Under the Boardwalk in Quebec City. Guernica Editions, Inc., Montreal.

Deetz, James
  1977  In Small Things Forgotten. Doubleday, New York.

Noel Hume, Ivor
  1982  Martin's Hundred. Alfred A. Knopf, New York. (revised 1991)

Mabry, Jonathan B., James E Ayres, and Regina L. Chapin-Pyritz
  1994  Tucson at the Turn of the Century: The Archaeology of a City Block.
        Center for Desert Archaeology, Tucson.

Rogge, A.E., D. Lorne McWatters, Melissa Keane, and Richard P. Emanuel
  1995  Raising Arizona's Dams.  Univeristy of Arizona Press, Tucson.

Spector, Janet D.
  1993  What this Awl Means: Feminist Archaeology at a Wahpeton Dakota Village.
        Minnesota Historical Society, St. Paul.