HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dru McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:01:49 -0700
Wow! Thank you all so much for your input!  I received great advice for new places to look and additional sources to consider.  Here's one that came to me off-list:

1.   Chapter 11, "Explaining Variability in Northern Gold Mining Saloons" (Catherine Spude, Robert Weaver, Tim Kardatzke).
pp. 187-202 in...

2011 Spude, Catherine, Robin O. Mills, Karl Gurcke, and Roderick Sprague (editors)
Eldorado! The Archaeology of Gold Mining in the Far North. Society of Historical Archaeology's Historical Archaeology in the West Series. University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln, Nebraska.

Thanks so much for your prompt replies--I feel way better knowing I have a couple different sources to include in my thesis about other beer gardens!

Dru