HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lisa O'Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 17:20:22 -0500
Hi Linda,  Beth is one of my oldest friends.  I, in fact, did the faunal
analysis for the site.  I did not identify sheep, I identified sheep/goat,
which are very difficult to distinguish unless you have a lot of certain
elements that can be distinguished.  And there was very little of it.  Beef
predominated in terms of biomass, followed by pork, chickens, sheep/goat, and
small mammals.  One turtle was identified, possibly the one that lived in the
pond.  Unfortunately, the report is still in draft, so I personally
communicated Beth in my report.  Thanks, Lisa