HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Elizabeth_Crowell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 15:05:00 -0700
     Since you are arriving at BWI, you might want to stop at the Aquarium
     in Baltimore.  I have a 6 year old who highly recommends it!  There
     are also numerous great historical sites in and around Baltimore
     (Another spot my son would recommend is Orioles Park at Camden Yards
     for a baseball game, if the Orioles are in town and if you can get
     tickets.).

     If you have not been told otherwise, here is an alternative route to
     going straight up Rte 95.  Take Route 95 North from BWI; go over the
     Delaware Memorial Bridge; Take the New Jersey Turnpike to the Garden
     State Parkway to the New York Thruway and go over the Tappan Zee
     Bridge.  Catch Rte 95 again outside of Darien, CT.; then you can take
     Rte 95 north to Providence, RI and Rte 195 East to Cape Cod.   I make
     the trip from Northern Virginia to New England fairly often (including
     for my summer vacation) and this is generally a good route.

     In New England, Newport, Rhode Island is very nice, with an eighteenth
     century historic district, Gilded Age mansions, magnificent ocean
     views, a fun shopping area and great seafood restaurants.

     Have a great trip

     Liz Crowell