HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:23:22 -0500
Here are a few sources on archaeology and art:

Durbin, Gail, Susan Morris and Sue Wilkinson
1990
A Teacher's Guide to Learning from Objects.  English Heritage, London.

Morris, Susan
1989
A Teacher's Guide to Using Portraits.  English Heritage, London.
(Ideas and exercises for groups that can be used from infant to adult level)

1989
Using Portraits.   English Heritage, London
( A set of 12 slides to complement the above book.  Represents a wide range of
examples and includes notes)

Henson, Donald (ed.)
1996
Teaching Archaeology:  A United Kingdom Directory of Resources.  English
Heritage and Council for British Archaeology, York, U.K.
((This book has 83 pages of Resources for the Classroom.  These are U.K. sources
but many have ideas you can adapt to your own project)

Addresses:
English Heritage,
Keysign House
429 Oxford Street,
London W1R 2HD

Council for British Archaeology,
Bowes Morrell House,
111 Walmgate, York YO1 2UA

Caroline Phillips
Project Archaeologist
Ontario Service Centre, Parks Canada.

Joseph Augusta <[log in to unmask]> on 01/22/2000 08:38:46 AM

Please respond to HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>