HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Mike Polk)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 02:02:51 -0500
I am posting this message to inform all of a proposal in San Diego to revise
its unique Resource Protection Ordinance to eliminate archaeological
resources and historic buildings.  Following is the information available.
 Letters are needed to help stop this action for continued protection of the
resources.

Mike Polk
Sagebrush Archaeological Consultants, L.L.C.

FINAL AGENDA, SAN DIEGO COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
Workshop, March 29, 1996, Department of Planning and Land Use, Hearing Room -
9 a.m.

DISCUSSION/ACTION ITEMS

2.  Recision or Revision of the Resource Protection Ordinance

>>> Workshop to review potential options for revisions of the Resource
Protection Ordinance (RPO).  Options for revisions range from complete
elimination of the Ordinance, transferring portions of the Ordinance into
existing regulations elsewhere, or leaving the Ordinance intact.  Many of the
options require the preparation of an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for
implementation.  Continued from March 22, 1996.

Letter explaining the dangers inherent in the above scheduled meeting:

March 22, 1996