HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Caryn M. Berg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 22:53:50 -0600
Oh, and we've extended the 30% discount until next Thursday, September 12
(see below).  The winners of our best excuses for a late manuscript are.

My manuscript is not late because I am on "Indian time". By not
acknowledging Indian time, you are in concert with the neocolonial
timekeeping strategies that are propagating throughout my homeland and
stripping me of the rights in which my creator, Wiyot, bestowed upon my
people since time immemorial. Additionally, to be forced to cut down my
grandfathers and grandmothers (the trees) in order it participate in this
hegemonic practice that is literacy, is to reify the previous generations of
genocide my people have endured. You will get the manuscript by the weekend.

  - Desiree Renee Martinez

Re: Overdue manuscript "Pagan Iconography, Capitalist Counter-narratives and
Altered States: The role of summer festivals in modern American culture"
Last week, I had an incident at the Burning Man festival after eating a
strange brownie fed to me by a centaur (research!). In a haze of
anti-establishment fury, I deleted everything I have ever written (and
safely stored in my online folder). Three days later I woke up in a pink wig
and body paint and realized that my LCP manuscript was gone. Apparently I
need publications to get tenure and money to survive. Ooops. Can I have an
extension?

   - Sarah E Carr-Locke

I was going to finish writing that manuscript. But I had papers to grade
first.
Before I graded the papers, I had to wash the dishes.
Before I washed the dishes, I had to walk the dog.
Before I walked the dog, I had to jog.
Before I jogged, I had to wash my jogging clothes.
And dry them.
While I was waiting for the clothes to dry, I started reading the newspaper.
I turned to the weather page and it said (and I quote): "Sunny. High 85.
Winds 11 MPH."
So I went sailing instead.

-Christine S. Davis

Each of our winners gets a free paperback from Left Coast. If you were late
in taking advantage of our 30% sale, no need for an excuse. We've extended
the sale through next Thursday, September 12. Use code L3613 in the shopping
cart. And if you still want to send us an excuse at [log in to unmask],
we'll send you a secret code to increase your discount to 40%. Full details
on our website.

Congrats Desiree, Sarah, Chris! Now PLEASE finish the manuscripts you owe
us.