HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Daniel Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2016 08:40:51 +0000
**Registration is open for CHAT 2016 - Book now!**

**Check out the draft programme**

Contemporary and Historical Archaeology in Theory (CHAT) conference 2016

21-23 October

Theme: RURALITY

Place: Orkney, Scotland

Venue: Orkney Theatre

Info: http://chat-arch.org/

Enquiries: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Download a registration form and draft programme from the CHAT website (http://chat-arch.org/ ). Registration closes 7th October. We have a great line up including themed plenary sessions, film night and 3M_DO discussion. We also have exhibitions, installations and videos in the theatre foyer, and poster presentations.

Fieldtrips: Why not get here a bit early?

Thursday 20th (all day) - Alternative tour of Orkney West Mainland (free, book on registration form)
Friday 21st (am) - Kirkwall walk (free, no booking required)

Halls accommodation is nearly full, so best check with us first for availability ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Accommodation information: http://visitorkney.com/accommodation and http://www.orkneyislands.info/ .

Travel information, getting to Orkney:  http://visitorkney.com/getting-here .

Cheers,
Dan

Dan Lee
Lifelong Learning & Outreach Archaeologist
Archaeology Institute
University of the Highlands and Islands
Orkney College
Kirkwall