HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:25:06 -0500
I often wonder what would be left behind from a WW II POW camp, given that
modern trash pickup is so thorough these days. There was a camp in the wealthy
community of Coronado, California that held about 20 German prisoners;
demolished about twenty years ago. The United States and Canada built Camp X in Canada
to train O.S.S. spies and fly them into Europe without U.S. authorities
interfering. The book on the topic said that after the war ten leather bound copies
of the final report were produced and then classified; the camp bulldozed,
and a small monument installed at its location; but the author produced photos
from his oral interviewees. So, what could we expect to find and what could it
possibly say?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.