HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Paul R. Mullins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:06:06 -0400
Folks;
You are all invited to join us for the fourth annual Midwest Historical
Archaeology Conference, which will be held October 4th, 2008 in
Indianapolis at Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis
(IUPUI).  The MHAC is an informal regional meeting of historical
archaeologists with some Midwest connections, including a variety of
archaeologists who happen to be somewhere in the region as well as
people who have actively conducted historical archaeology projects in
the Midwest for years.  This year we will discuss historical
archaeologies of diversity, ranging from rural farmstead archaeologies
to French colonial archaeology to 20th-century African-American
research.  The meeting is organized as moderated panel discussions
rather than formal paper presentations, and information on the
panelists is on the conference web page at
http://www.iupui.edu/~anthpm/mhac2008.html The page includes
information on local accommodations as well as directions to
Indianapolis.  For those interested in some background on the MHAC, see
Mike Nassaney’s paper in the Summer 2008 issue of the SHA Newsletter at
http://www.sha.org/news/documents/2008Spring.pdf
Attendance at the conference is free, and we ask only that you drop us
an email so we can prepare name badges for attendees.  If you have any
questions, feel free to email me at [log in to unmask] or conference
co-coordinator Chris Glidden at [log in to unmask]

Thanks, Paul

Paul R. Mullins
Chair, Dept. of Anthropology
Associate Professor
413B Cavanaugh Hall
Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-9847
http://www.iupui.edu/~anthpm/home.html