HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nancy O'Malley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 10:05:23 -0400
I am posting this announcement for everyone on the list who has or might
have Kentucky connections.  I will be posting to ARCH-L and ACRA-L as well,
so  apologize in advance for cross postings.

The University of Kentucky Department of Anthropology recently has
restructured the organization of the William S. Webb Museum of Anthropology
and the Office of State Archaeology.

As of 17 August 1998, Dr. Sissel Schroeder is the Director of the William
S. Webb Museum of Anthropology, an Assistant Professor in the Department of
Anthropology, and has taken over the duties of the Office of State
Archaeology. Kate Hesseldenz, the former W. S. Webb Museum Assistant, has
departed for graduate school in Colorado, and we anticipate hiring her
replacement in the next several weeks. Nancy O'Malley, formerly the interim
Director, is now Curator of the W. S. Webb Museum of Anthropology and
Senior Staff Archaeologist with the University of Kentucky Program for
Archaeological Research. Lynne Webb remains with the Office of State
Archaeology. The operations of the Office of State Archaeology are now
located at 1020A Export St., Lexington, KY 40506-9854. The phone number of
the Office of State Archaeologist and the W. S. Webb Museum of Anthropology
is 606-257-8208 and the FAX for both offices is 606-323-3686.

We appreciate your patience over the past year and ask your forbearance
over the next several months as we finalize the staff changes.