HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 19:04:23 -0400
At a historic site at Gurabo, Puerto Rico, we are excavating what seems to
be the remains of a brick manufacturing facility.  It may be the first
structure of this kind documented archaeologically in the island.
We seek information about the brick making process in Hispanic America  in
the  XVIII and XIX centuries;  especially about the structures involved in
the process and their spatial distribution .  Any archaeological,
historical or ethnographic information or reference will be very useful.
Thanks in advanced.

Sharon Meléndez Ortiz
Archaeologist
Puerto Rico