HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jim Finnigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 10:23:01 -0600
>     I am seeking some advise on how best to reproduce photos for photocopi=
ed
>interim/summary reports.  I've had some success with using color photocopie=

If you want to incorporate photos in a report, and you have more than one
or two photos, you might want to consider kodak photo CD.  Send the
negatives or positives to a lab that does this and they scan the photos for
you.  For strip negitives in our area it works out to about 10$ for the
disk and 60=A2 a negative (CDN $). You can write several times to one disk
which can accomodate approximately 100 photos.  The images are presented in
a number of resolutions from thumbnails to magazine quality. Other than
buying a slide scanner, this is the best route we have found.

Jim Finnigan
Western Heritage Services Inc.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan