HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Conrad Bladey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 17:47:12 -0500
Greetings-

At last I have tracked down my first two publications-

One is concerning Efficient Material Artifact Description (why providing
sherd counts is virtually useless if one is doing archeology) an early
work presented I think to the SHA in the 70s to a group of three or four
who were uninterested in the keynote speaker and could not find chairs
elsewhere....however primititve it is a start so perhaps of interest.

http://www.archive.org/details/EssentialMaterialAttributeDescription

The second one is more often cited....rarely but sometimes.
Human Adaptation to the Fall Line Setting
This was done by a student at the University Of Maryland for independent
study I ended up pulling it out and doing major work on it.....
If you are doing archeology in Laurel Maryland it is an essential good
starting point. It contains all relevant maps, soil information,
ecological information and a survey of local archeological trends.....a
primitive early work but most likely nothing like it anywhere else

http://www.archive.org/details/HumanAdasptationToTheFallLineSettingAFrameworkForTheArcheologyOf

Can't beat the price...I saved them from being made into kites a la Mr.
Dick in David Copperfield......such is life as a composer of memorials.
Working on the next one a four volume 1000 piece on Wassail celebrations.

Wassail

Conrad Bladey
402 Nancy Ave.
Linthicum, Md. 21090