HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:09:03 U
Message Body (21 lines)
Mail*LinkŪ SMTP               Y18 compliance

I know this is an old thread but when I wanted to send the XXXX computer
wouldnt let me send. I am being moved to a new system soon (they promise a
working spell checker as well).

Look I am using MS-Access 97 to run a complex database tracking 19c land
holdings as part of my thesis and have had no problem with using the preset
date feild because it is now y2000 complient. It even takes the odd
accidental 9th c date (you know with the flying fingers the odd 1 gets left
off). The option I use also tells me the day which is important because in
NSW Thursday was Lands Office day and land could only be taken up on Thursday
a usefull cross check.

This was not the case with previous versions of Access.

So the answer is to pay more money to  Bill Gates!

Iain Stuart
Uinversity of Sydney