HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stanley Copp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 08:12:17 -0700
Any gun store can sell you a commercial preparation which retards
barrel fowling in black powder weapons (I gather this is what is
meant by "antique guns").  I hope you aren't planning to fire an
antique without having it thouroughly checked out by a compentent
gunsmith!  This could be very dangerous ....

Otherwise, in my black powder shooting days I used to use Crisco (or
equivalent) on patches.  This worked fine but smelled a tad peculiar!

Stan Copp
Anthropology
Langara College