HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kerry Ogata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 1994 09:59:41 -0400
In message <[log in to unmask]> you write:

>        I am looking for any information I can find on the material
>remains, or excvavation reports on any the sites or aspects of, the Ill
>fated Donner Party.  Pickings are slim on the subjext around here.
>        Thanks in advance.
>                        John Buckler

I believe that Don Hardesty, an archaeologist at the University
of Nevada, Reno, did some excavations of the Donner party site.
I'm not aware of anything he's published, though.  My suggestion
would be to call him and ask.  I can't seem to locate the
number of the Anthropology department there, but you could either
call information for the University of Nevada, Reno or check
the American Anthropological Association Guide to Departments
(located in the library--not sure if they have one in PG County
but U Maryland at least has one.)  Failing all that, someone
on the list might have the number. (I don't think they're on
the net, unfortunately.)

Good luck!
Kerry