HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"O'Malley, Nancy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2013 13:38:10 +0000
In Kentucky, surplus military uniforms were sold in large numbers after the Civil War as part of a general downsizing of the Armory in Frankfort. I found a military button in a post-Civil War black neighborhood in Lexington that was not directly related to a soldier that I attributed to the availability of military uniforms on the secondhand market.

URL for Kentucky's Frontier Highway, by Karl Raitz and Nancy O'Malley
http://kentuckypress.com/live/title_detail.php?titleid=3070

Nancy O'Malley
Assistant Director
William S. Webb Museum of Anthropology