HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2017 20:55:48 +0000
All,
I have a colleague in the history department here at Idaho who is not on Histarch but has an interest in material culture in historical contexts.  He is doing a project on representation of self in slave communities in the 18th and 19th century U.S.  He was querying me about the archaeological recovery of mirrors/mirror fragments in slave contexts.  I said I'd do a Histarch post to see what the HA community has in their collections along these lines.  Feel free to respond to me or contact my colleague directly.  His contact info is:  Matt Fox-Amato, email  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Thanks,
Mark Warner
U. of Idaho