HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Christopher Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 11:43:07 -0400
    Thanks to David and Megan for their suggestions.  Things are beginning to
work out; yesterday afternoon I was able to order the Glass Glossary from Parks
Canada (in spite of book searches that continued to come up "out-of-print" -
don't believe it, the woman I talked to at P. C. says they are in stock).

    I think that there is a good chance that we may eventually find institutions
from which to borrow Fike and Toulouse through interlibrary loan (despite,
earlier indications from our librarian that they could not be found).  One
individual offered off list to let me visit him in Atlanta and use his copies.  I
have also been sent several success stories about people using search services
and obtaining these hard-to-find books, sometimes at reasonable prices.

    I would like to again thank all who have responded to my inquiry, I have a
better sense of where to look than previously.

    Chris