HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Laura Seifert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:17:24 -0500
It's very common in Eastern North Carolina for the family graveyard to be
very close to the main house. That was certainly the case at Foscue
Plantation, both for the extant 1820's house and earlier "archaeological"
house. Great resource:

Little, M. Ruth

1998    *Sticks and Stones: Three Centuries of North Carolina Gravemarkers*.
University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill.

Laura Seifert

Chairperson, Savannah Heritage Emergency Response
http://sheronline.info