HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Marie E. Pokrant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:38:40 -0600
While I agree with Levy that objects are not the whole game, Henderson's
point (I think) is that someone who adheres to the Leave No Trace policy
does just that...no trace...no clandestine digging, no potholes, no impact.
 People who have truly taken Leave No Trace to heart would not impact the
ground in such an unconscious manner in the first place.  I interprete the
principle to apply to situations of surface finds and artifacts eroding
from stream banks.  Mark, I am glad to hear this message is falling on
receptive ears!

Marie Pokrant
University of West Florida