HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Emma Dwyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2017 12:22:58 +0100
Booking is now open for:

Post-Medieval Archaeology Congress 2017
University of Hull, Friday 31 March - Sunday 2 April 2017
http://www.spma.org.uk/events/pmac2017/

The Society for Post-Medieval Archaeology is building on the success of its 50th Anniversary Congress in Sheffield with a similar event in Hull as it celebrates being UK City of Culture[https://www.hull2017.co.uk/]. Our conference forms part of the Roots and Routes season[https://www.hull2017.co.uk/thestory/the-seasons/], a theme highly relevant to post-medieval and historical archaeology. Hull, on the east coast of England, has a long tradition of networks with Europe and is an ideal venue for this international gathering of post-medievalists to share their interests.

There will be events in the city on Friday afternoon and evening, followed by parallel sessions of papers at our Congress partners, the University of Hull, all day Saturday and on Sunday morning. During Sunday afternoon we will offer plenary talks also open to the public on the theme of Roots and Routes, with a city tour as an alternative.
Social activities will also take place over the weekend, and there will be a guided trip on Monday 3rd April to historic sites in East Yorkshire.

Delegate registration fee (inclusive of lunch, morning & afternoon refreshments:
Ordinary Member £60
Young Member £45
Non-member £90

Optional extras:
Saturday party at a special city centre venue: £25 (including food and drink)
Monday minibus tour, provisional programme Yorkshire Wolds with visits to Wharram Percy deserted village, Sledmere estate village, Beverley market town: £20 (limited number of places available)

Visit our Eventbrite booking page https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/post-medieval-archaeology-congress-2017-tickets-30776267645 to book your place at the conference

--
Emma Dwyer