HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Anne Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:12:51 -0600
Now that folks are back from York and hopefully finished wading through their email....

I have a small, clear, wide-mouth prescription bottle measuring 2 ½" tall, 1 3/8" in diameter with a 3/4" (inside) diameter mouth. The mold seams end half-way up the neck and the finish appears to be tooled. The base reads "N.Y. Q. / &C.W.LD." The D could also be an O and there may be a very faint period between the L and D/O. The letters form two straight lines through the center of the base. I also have tried to represent the relative spacing as best I can, although that's a lot of letters to cram onto such a small bottle.

I could send digitals offline for those interested.

Thank you very much,
Anne Bauer
Kansas State Historical Society