HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 21:05:23 -0800
Please ignore the bounces that pop up. I'm working on them (they are mostly
from government sources!!).

At 12:02 PM 12/4/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Kris, thanks for your response.
>
> I seem to be having LOTS of trouble getting messages to the list.  I
>get several messages saying it isn't going through and I should use a
>different address for a Doug Stephens(??), but then I get responses to
>the message...can anyone give me a correct address for the list
>moderator so I can contact them directly about this???  Thank you VERY
>much!!
>
>K. Kris Hirst wrote:
>>
>> At 10:40 AM 12/04/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Can't help you, but what a great quote!  Being a curatorial type, not an
>> >archeologist, could you tell me who Bjorn Kurtin is/was?  Thanks!
>> >
>> >Vivian Lea Stevens
>>
>> Vivian:
>>
>> I'm told I spelled his name wrong; it should be Bjorn Kurten, and he was a
>> Finnish vertebrate paleontologist, and I'm told very well respected. I
>> admit I hadn't heard of him until this friend of mine provided the quote
>> for me, but I have since learned that Kurten also wrote some very popular
>> paleo-fiction stuff. It is a great quote, and I'm not denying I won't use
>> it for a "quote of the week" of my website <g>, but it would be a pity of
>> my friend can't use it.
>>
>> kris
>> Kris Hirst
>> Office of the State Archaeologist
>> The University of Iowa
>> [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
>> <http://archaeology.miningco.com>

Anita Cohen-Williams
Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH, SPANBORD
Contributing Editor, Anthropology page, http://www.suite101.com
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/cohwill/index.html
"Everything comes to him who waits, except a loaned book." -- Kim Hubbard