HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Patrick Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 10:27:27 -0901
THIS IS NOT SPAM, though it does refer to something for sale.  I do not
endorse, nor do I even know much about the book, but...

In the current issue of ArchNotes, publication of the Ontaria
Archaeological Society, I find a publication notice of a new book on trade
silver.  "Silver in the Fur Trade (1680-1800), by Martha W. Hamilton, 15
Bartlett Street, Chelmsford, MA 01824, USA telephone 508-256-6017.  It
"documents over 250 trade silver maker's marks and their biographies;
summarizes the historic trading routes of teh Native American, British,
Dutch, French and American; explains the traditional construction, the
prescribed shapes, and their Indian names and uses; etc."
238pp, 220 illustrations, 20 in color, $58 Canadian covers shipping.

Patrick E. Martin, Associate Professor of Archaeology
Director of Graduate Studies in Industrial Archaeology
Editor of IA, the Journal of the Society for Industrial Archaeology
Department of Social Sciences, Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton, Michigan 49931-1295 USA
Telephone (906) 487-2070   Fax  (906) 487-2468   Internet  [log in to unmask]