HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:07:18 MDT
Although I basically agree with the idea that questions should be
placed within the context of research already accomplished, it is
also important to recognize that, in each circumstance, the
questioner asks from the "place" she or he occupies.  Speaking for
myself, I am sometimes at more of a loss as to where to start than
others.  Certain government agencies and private concerns have
occasionally had to be very patient while bringing me up to
standards.

At the other extreme, I have asked questions (here and elsewhere)
that produced *no* responses, probably because I had done my homework
too well, and no one else knew the final detail(s) I sought.  I
hesitate to think how I would have felt if someone had suggested
contacting Ma Bell when I asked recently for help in locating
someone.

Finally:  Susan, although I have no good advice or knowledge to
offer, I am very interested in the results of your search.

Bill Lockhart
(505) 439-3732