HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:54:17 -0500
Gack.

Sorry to flood people's in-boxes, but I've just realised two inaccuracies of measurement terminology in the below.

Where I wrote 'these are rounded up to the nearest hundreth of an inch' in the second paragraph, I obviously meant 'these are rounded up to the nearest thousandth of an inch'.

Where I wrote 'Given the consistent relationship between quarter inches and .4 of a millimetres' in the second sentence after the Binford formula, I obviously meant 'given the consistent relationship between 64ths of an inch and .4 of a millimetre'.

Sorry for any confusion caused.  If I've made any other mistakes, please do feel free to let me know.

Alasdair