HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michael LaRonge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 08:23:20 -0500
Message (10 lines)
My apologies,  appearantly my comment on to function of the dirt
flooring in blacksmithing shops was seen as a bit venemous rather than
just emphatic.  The individual I spoke to about it has been smithing for
over thirty years and, in that time, has done quite a bit of reasearch
as well.  I would be interested in finding out what sources Mr. Keller's
associate has found, because neither I or my prof. friend have ever
heard anything about the comfort factor, as it were, of dirt.  It just
sounded too much like an OSHA concern to me.  Again, my apologies
                    Michael LaRonge