HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 13:40:25 -0700
My name is Catherine Carlson.  I have a BA in archaeology from Simon Fraser
University, an MS in Quaternary Studies from the U of Maine/Orono, and a
Ph.D. in Anthropology from UMass/Amherst.  I am mostly a prehistoric
archaeologist, however I have done various zooarch projects on historic
sites in the New England region, I undertook an excavation an analysis of
17th century Praying Indian towns, including the burial ground of Miacomet,
in Massachusetts; and I most recently, since moving to the wilds of the
interior of British Columbia (where else would you find an institution called
the University College of the Cariboo [yes, with two oos])have started
excavations on the first Hudsons Bay Co. trading post located here in
Kamloops on the Indian Reserve--with field school students.  I am the only
archaeologist at this institution, and there's only one other (cultural)
anthropologists here, so this network helps me feel not so isolated.
Thanks for the interesting discussions!  [log in to unmask]