HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
elizabeth west <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 07:28:46 -0800
Dear Eric, Frank K. et. al-
        I failed to mention that we have two (hideous) army tents that
cover the part of the sites. We have been tempted to spray paint 4077 on
them but have refrained. I can honestly relate to a wing and a prayer
before getting under it on a windy day. Incidently, the tents can be
purchased rather inexpensively from the Army Surplus. We got ours at a
base/facility in Jessup, MD brand new for $250. We got another tent
donated from a caterer.
Thanks for your ideas regarding drainage trenches and particularly with
the sandbags and filter cloth. The sandbags may also help hold up the
side walls that are slumping.
Liz West
The Lost Towns Project