HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Floyd A. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 13:46:59 -0500
Fellow Archaeologists,
        Not to belabor the point, I just wanted to say that I do agree
with several of the responses which have been made to the initial reply.
The purpose of this list is a resource for information and discussion
about historical archaeology and, last I checked, you do not need a
degree in the subject to pose a question.  I, myself, have posted several
inquiries about information because I wanted a second opinion and valued
the advice of the individuals on this list.
        That being said, I have heard of studies being done in terms of
the chronology of beer cans, but nothing about coffee cans.  I would
definately check with Proctor and Gamble again and maybe see if they have
an archives division or something.  Also, you may want to check
the web for a Cincinatti(sp) historical society or something.  P & G has
been based out of Cincinatti for a while now and they may be able to point
you in the right direction.

Good Luck
Floyd Jones

Floyd Jones