HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:19:34 -0400
This looks like a spout to a smear glaze teapot.  If it is from a smear
glaze pot, the exterior would have a very thin salt glaze while the
interior would have a shiny lead type of a glaze.  Because smear glazes are
thin, they work very well for molded decoration.  These wares are often on
dyed body stoneware.

Peace,
George L. Miller