HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pete Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:25:55 +0000
Linda, We have a few sherds of Chinese porcelain from the Presidio de Nuestra Senora de Pilar de Los Adaes with red and green over glaze pigment, but it is only delicate lines, no solid areas like yours. Here it is fugitive and often the colors are gone or going. The surface is etched so oblique light will show where it once was at time. Los Adaes dates between 1723 and 1773. I have no other information on these sherds. There is a thesis on the oriental porcelains at the University of California asw I recall. Contact Dr.George Avery at Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogd9oches, Texas. He may be more helpful . The technique is interesting.
Pete Gregory
Williamson Museum
Northwestern State University
Natchitoches, LA 71497