HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:45:59 +0000
Here in Surrey (UK) we have just set up a group where archaeologists
(professional and amateur), museums (with salaried staff and volunteer-
managed) and users of metal detectors can discuss their common agendas
(and gripe about one another). It's based on a highly successful model
in Kent (one of our neighbouring counties).  It's partly driven by the
new treasure act, but mostly by our common understanding that there's
much we don't understand about one another (this is true of all the
pairings in this three-way party) and we all do what we do much better
if we did understand more.

Best wishes to all,
--
Pat Reynolds