HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bernard Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 1994 07:54:25 -0400
I'm Bernie Herman and I teach in the Department of Art History at the
University of Delaware where I also teach for the Winterthur Program in
Early American Culture, the Department of History, and the College of
Urban Affairs. My interests are in the application of theoretical models
and interpretive perspectives developed for historical archaeology to
other fields of inquiry. Currently, I'm working on a comparative study of
urban housing (1780-1820) in American and English port cities. Site
report citations for urban housing in this period are welcomed--in
particular those which include strong artifact analysis and the
examination of floral and faunal remains as an index to class and occupation.
Bernie Herman