HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 1995 00:41:43 GMT
Are there many subscribers specializing in urban archaeology?  I seem to have
noticed a slight decrease in the interest for this subject over the past
several years.  Should there be any urbanites out there, I would like to
exchange concerning archaeology and urban planning: planning documents,
master plans, operationalization, hits and misses, etc.  I have been working
on the Historic District (UNESCO World Hetitage Site) since the early 1980's
and exclusively since 1985.  I have now been asked (finally) to take a look
outside of the adminstrative limits of the District.  I thus expect to
prepare, with my team and consultants, a planning and policy document
adressing all archaeological concerns for the city territory.  We are
presently working on the methodology, which will be commented by the "Comite
de concertation sur l'archeologie de la ville de Quebec" (City, Culture and
Communications Department of the Quebec Government, Universite Laval
archaeologists and special guest appearances such as Parks Canada!).  Data
gathering will begin in the fall, analysis during the winter.
Apart from general discussion, I would of course be interested in any
bibliographic references.  Au plaisir de vous parler.

William Moss
City Archaeologist
Service de l'urbanisme
C.P. 700, Haute-Ville