HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Megan Springate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 23:52:57 -0400
Hi Barb,

For the subset of ironstone with molded wheat patterns (and a decent
summary introduction to ironstone in general), there is Lynn Sussman's
Illustrated Survey of the Wheat Pattern published by Parks Canada and
available for free as a .pdf at

http://www.sha.org/documents/research/Parks_Canada_Resources/The%20Wheat%20Pattern%20-%20An%20Illustrated%20Survey%20-%20English.pdf

I've had little luck in the hotel china department, specifically looking
for information on the standard patterns produced. There is lots out there
in the collectors' literature on custom pieces made for specific
hotels/restaurants/liners/etc., but that's not my interest.

That said, I have had some success at the Restaurant Wares Collectors'
Network, and was able to find scanned copies of production catalogs for
the potteries I was looking for. They are at
http://www.restaurantwarecollectors.com

Regards,
Megan.