HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Buckham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:28:11 BST
Do you mean Wroxeter (Viroconium) the Romano-British site which is in Shropshire
 (not far from
Much Wenlock) if you do then this is a research projected based at the Archaeolo
gy Dept of the
University of Birmingham in conjunction with the field archaeology unit BUFAU. C
ontact Dr
Simon Esmon Cleary in the Arch Dept or Simon Buteaux in the field archaeology un
it. Hope this
is what you needed
regards
Susan Buckham,          Archaeology Dept, University of York.

getting close to finishing the drawings for our german translation of harris'
principles of archaeological stratigraphy here, and we are just about at the
point where we can't put-off the fact that we need GOOD QUALITY copies of
        fig. 5 (from Willett 1880: Plate XXVI) - On flint workings at Cissbury,
Sussex; Archaeologia 45: 336-48
        Fig 32 (Wroxeter - Site 68 - Phase Z)
where exactly is Wroxeter?  which unit is responsible for it? anybody have the
address?
        many thanx for any and all assistance

geoff carver
http://home.t-online.de/home/gcarver/