HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Galke, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:49:50 -0400
The Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum in Southern Maryland seeks
applicants for the position of Project Archaeologist for a Phase I survey of
battlefields associated with the War of 1812 in Maryland.  The project
involves locating, assessing, and defining the limits of the battlefields,
including a determination of their National Register eligibility.  The
successful applicant must have experience in Phase I surveys, an ability to
do historical research, and be able to work with local informants,
volunteers, and military history buffs.  The project will start at the end
of July, and last approximately 21 weeks.  Hourly rate is $13.76.  This is
an unclassified state contractual position with no benefits.  For additional
information, contact Laura Galke at (410) 586-8556.  Send resumes to Laura
Galke, Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum, 10515 Mackall Rd., St. Leonard,
MD  20685.

Laura Galke
Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory
10515 Mackall Road
St. Leonard, MD  20685
(410) 586-8556 phone
(410) 586-3643 fax