HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"David A. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 12:45:36 -0500
Greetings:

I would like to request the members of the list, particularly those with
interest in African-American/plantation archaeology, for references to iron
shackles. I am begining work with the collection from the shipwreck of the
slave ship Henrietta Marie and would like to do some comparative analysis
with shackles recovered from both terrestrial and marine sites, regardless
of date and location.

If there are those of you who have recovered shackles in your excavations,
I would especially like to encourage you to reply to me off-list.

Thanks in adavance for any and all assistance,

David Johnson