HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:58:00 -0500
I had not thought of the legal aspects. But if there are known errors
in an accepted report (discovered after submission), is there a legal
requirement to submit a correction? Otherwise you leave in place a
legal document that is incorrect. In the case of CRM reports they are
the property of the client, but are often filed with the SHPO, for
instance here in Virginia they are placed in the VA Dept of Hisotric
REsources archives. Where they are available to the public,
researchers, and CRM firms.