HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tom Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 1994 14:02:21 EDT
I would like to introduce myself and solicit your help.  I am Tom Wheaton,
editor of the African-American Archaeology Newsletter, which as its name
implies deals with African-American Archeology.  I am trying to get three
issues out a year, and the next issue will hopefully come out in mid June.

The last issue began to deal with whether non-African Americans can
adequately conduct archeology on African-American sites.  Any thoughts would
be appreciated. They do not have to be long or long winded.

If you or anyone you know is currently doing work with African-American
sites, artifacts or documents, please have them send me a short announcement
for inclusion.    Any contributions via e-mail should incorporate the article
in the body of your message, up to 32k.  At the present time I am unable to
produce an electronic version for the Internet because of limitations with my
access.  AOL does not yet allow attaching files to e-mail, although  we can
gopher all over the place.  As soon as they allow FTP I will try to get the
newsletter on line.

Until then, anyone interested in subscribing can drop me a line for details
(along with your written contribution, of course 8-)>>>>).

I hope to hear from you soon.

Tom Wheaton