HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:19:07 -0400
Dear Friend:

I am pleased to announce the creation of a new archaeology magazine - DISCOVER
ARCHAEOLOGY.  It's an illustrated, glossy bimonthly magazine reporting on the
latest discoveries in archaeology and archaeological science.  It is written
for those who are curious about archaeology and the sciences, and who have a
sense of discovery and a passion for adventure.  DISCOVER ARCHAEOLOGY will
cover the archaeology of the world like no other magazine or journal. Through
informative articles, vivid graphics, and beautiful photographs, the reader
will take part in the latest discoveries from around the globe - both on land
and under water. Each article will be accompanied by illustrations developed
to enhance the reader's understanding of the subject matter.  The format will
include feature articles, essays and comments, and reviews. The editorial
staff will ensure that the magazine's content is broad enough for the general
reader (our target audience), yet rigorous enough for the scientist.  DISCOVER
ARCHAEOLOGY will quickly build a reputation as an authoritative source for the
latest breaking news in the archaeological sciences. In essence, the magazine
will be a hybrid of current glossy magazines such as Scientific AmericanR and
Archaeology MagazineR. Much of the general public sees archaeology as digging
square holes in round sites - but it is a SCIENCE - and we want to bring that
to them.

The magazine will be available on newsstands throughout the United States and
in select foreign countries, as well as through individual and institutional
subscriptions. Information about the magazine, its content, and breaking news
in archaeology will be provided on our magazine's web site - DISCOVER
ARCHAEOLOGY ONLINE (www.discoverarchaeology.com). Note that the web site is
currently under construction, but it should be completed by July 1 - so when
you visit us there please excuse the mess. The first issue of the magazine
will be available in late December of this year.

I hope that you take the time to log on to our web site and see what the
magazine is about and subscribe. We are always looking for story ideas so if
you or anyone you know might have something that falls within our editorial
guidelines we hope to hear from you.  Most of all, enjoy our publication!

Please forward this message to individuals / organizations who might be
interested. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeff D. Leach
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief
www.discoverarchaeology.com

Received: from imo30.mx.aol.com (198.81.17.74) by ccmail.itd.nps.gov with SMTP   (IMA Internet Exchange 2.12 Enterprise) id 0005E01E; Tue, 30 Jun 98 13:47:45 -0400 Received: from [log in to unmask]         by imo30.mx.aol.com (IMOv14_b1.1) id 1KXJa26166         for <[log in to unmask]>; Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:45:09 -0400 (EDT) From: <[log in to unmask]> Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:45:09 EDT To: [log in to unmask] Mime-Version: 1.0 Subject: ARCH Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit X-Mailer: AOL 3.0 for Windows 95 sub 18