HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:44:58 -0800
--- Ned Heite <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Are we going to have archaeology
> contracts written
> and supervised by park rangers who are nothing but
> glorified traffic
> cops,>>

Ned - I realize you said this in 'jest' - but as one
of those "glorified traffic cops" and also the CRM for
several large operating projects - I am more than
slightly offended. I bet you have never run up on a
meth lab in the middle of the night four miles from
the road and your vehicle...  Bet you have never had
to take guff off of someone who is doing a simple
little bit of 'arryhead' collecting, someone who is
likely to be carrying a gun, and is really pis...d
about the citation you are going to write him that is
going to cost him a couple hundred dollars for a $.50
point he could have bought in a flea market.  Why - if
you weren't so far away - I'd have to hose you down
with my pepper spray (now - I'm the one kidding!!).

Stephen P. Austin